Sunday, February 12, 2017

Image result for public speaking tumblr DEBATE COMPETITION

Now, I'm going to tell you about my first experience ever on debate contest.

So how was it? It was very fun and very challenging! What makes it fun is the pressure. It would have been super fun if I won. Besides that, people involved in the competitions (such as the committee, judges, and opponents) are very friendly. 

The competition is based on Asian Parliamentary Debate in which we need to speak for 5 minutes, and was held in a Catholic School with 8 teams in it. The 1st round's motion was, "Senior students should be banned from participating in freshman orientation," and my team got the opposition team. The government team was a group of 11th graders from a Catholic school and I think they are doing OK with English. At the other side, my team is from one of the best public schools in the country that consists of three 10th graders with only one of us had already experienced a debate competition.

So, here is how it goes. I heard arguments given by the government team. By hearing it, I realized that they were a first timer, like us. But the difference is that, perhaps they haven't prepared this as well as us. The first speaker of their government team didn't mention definitions. They only mentioned arguments. Well, I suppose, lucky us and thank God, I could do my first timer appearance well and confidently as the first speaker and the reply speaker of the opposition team. Fortunately, we won and we were so satisfied.

Now, here goes the second round and our rival was also from  a Catholic school. 2 of em' didn't do very well but one of them did very well and surprisingly, they won. Even the audience were shocked when they heard of their victory.

Instead of making me sad, our loss makes me want to do more. It is a kick for me to prove myself and everybody that someday I'm going to win.



Image result for public speaking tumblr
Image result for public speaking quote




































pictures from:
www.pinterest.com
www.slideshare.com

No comments:

Post a Comment